Dle Počtů chrámu Páně milockýho : příspěvek k uměleckému vybavení kostela Všech svatých v Miloticích

Title: Dle Počtů chrámu Páně milockýho : příspěvek k uměleckému vybavení kostela Všech svatých v Miloticích
Variant title:
  • The Church of the Lord of Milotice by numbers: on the artistic furnishings of the Church of All Saints in Milotice
Author: Lunga, Václav
Source document: Opuscula historiae artium. 2015, vol. 64, iss. 1, pp. 82-95
  • ISSN
    1211-7390 (print)
    2336-4467 (online)
Type: Article
License: Not specified license
Rights access
embargoed access

Notice: These citations are automatically created and might not follow citation rules properly.

This study is based on an analysis of previously unknown sources located in the Roman Catholic Parish Office in Milotice near Kyjov (accounting ledgers in particular) and presents much new information on how the construction of the Church of All Saints progressed in the 18th century. The work of several prominent central European baroque artists can be found in the church. A previously unknown stage in the church's structural history was its renovation in 1742, which was done directly in connection with the second stage of the baroque renovation of the castle in Milotice under the owner and patron of the church Karl Anton Serényi (1681–1746). From the accounting ledgers it is possible to precisely establish the dates on which the baroque furnishings of the church were acquired between 1767 and 1775 at the initiative of the second dean Bartholomäus Josef Goltmann (1724?–1797) and a patron of the church, Franz Ludwig Serényi (1705–1780). Based on the ledgers it is also possible to confirm the presence of artwork by Josef Stern (1716–1775) and Andreas Schweigl (1735–1812), as well as newly discovered contributions by Franz Laurenz Korompay (1723–1779), Andreas Bleiberger, and other artists and craftsmen.
Studie vychází z autorova dosud neuveřejněného výzkumu stavebních dějin milotického kostela a vznikla rozšířením komentáře k heslům týkajících se Milotic v katalogu výstavy Josef Stern (1716–1775), kterou pořádalo Arcidiecézním muzeum v Kroměříži ve dnech 5. června – 28. září 2015.